Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Psychoanalysts

The elementary school cafeteria was bustling with activity. Stella could feel herself getting annoyed, but she tried to compose herself. Soon she would be meeting with a team of psychoanalysts and she didn't want to appear crazy. She approached the round table and sat in one of the blue plastic chairs.

"Stella, it is our recommendation that you under go extreme psychotherapy. You are severely depressed and hyper violent."

Stella was shocked. Outraged. She could feel the fury taking over.

"This is the biggest scam in the history of the world. I'm not depressed. I'm not violent and I CAN control my temper. You guys are idiots. I am out of here."

Still snarling, Stella made her way to the big yellow school bus. As she loaded the bus she found that the inside had tall-backed leather seats. At least the seats were nice. She picked a seat near the front and slumped down. Those idiots didn't know anything about her. Stella closed her eyes in an attempt to get some rest before arriving at camp. The psychoanalysts all loaded the bus and took their seats near the middle. Stella knew that they were sitting there so they could observe her, but she wasn't going to give them a show. She would only sit silently in her seat and roll her eyes with gusto.

At the camp, Stella was told that she would be staying in a cabin with her sister. They would be co-counselors. It struck her as a little funny because she had never had to be co-counselor before. She took her things to the cabin and realized that the only open bunk was the one directly in front of the door. Her annoyance was paramount.

She walked over to the dining hall and began to walk up the step when a girl came rushing up next to her. Startled and feeling mean, Stella used the butt of her hand to punch the girl to the ground. The psychoanalysts were standing behind her and as Stella looked up, she saw all 4 of them shaking their heads with grave disapproval.

The young girl went running back to the cabin and Stella trailed slowly behind. "I wish those stupid psychoanalysts would stop following me. This is none of their business and I don't have an anger problem. GAH!" she thought. Her boss and mentor, T-bone, walked up next to her.

"Hey kid. What's going on? Punching a girl doesn't seem much like you?"
"It's not, T-bone, but these stupid psychoanalysts won't stop following me. I can't get any peace and they are making me more crazy. Not less crazy."
"Why don't you go apologize to the girl and then you can come hide with me. I'll protect you."
"Thanks T. I'll be back"

Stella walked to the screen window of the cabin where she saw the girl crying.

"I'm really sorry I hit you. I shouldn't have done that, but I did. I feel horrible and I hope you can forgive me," Stella said. And she walked away before the girl could say anything. T-bone was shaking his head and smiling as Stella turned and came to him. T-bone hugged Stella and with her arm around his waist, they walked to his room.

"I knew I didn't have any problems. Thanks for keeping those idiots away from, T" Stella said as she sat down on the folding chair in T-bone's room.

Stella could see the psychoanalysts from the window of the room. They were holding up signs that said "You are a killer" and "You will suffer the consequences". Stella only shrugged and watched T-bone prepare to shave his stubbly face.

No comments:

Post a Comment