Monday, September 13, 2010

Ghostbuster

"Just mix together some cornbread mix and kool-aid. It makes the perfect hair dye," crooned the old woman.


...

Stella was feeling a little nervous as she walked into her old High School. Luckily, everything she needed was set up on the walkway above the cafeteria. She sat down at the little desk and navigated to the NHS students page.

After several minutes frustrated clicking, TJ came up to Stella to see what was wrong.
"You know, that thing won't work if you click so hard. What's the big problem."
"I'm just trying to see what classes I can take and what I'm already registered for. Can't I do that online?" Stella huffed.
"This is a high school. We don't do that. And what are you doing in High School anyway?"
"I had to come back to take a basic math class. I skipped over it when I was a student here and now I have to come back and take it. Can you believe that they're making a math major take a basic High School math class? Ridiculous."

Stella was silently chuckling to herself as TJ walked away. Left to her own devices, Stella smacked the computer monitor and a list of classes showed up. As she scrolled through the list, Mr. Nickel's name appeared several times. "I thought he was fired..." Stella thought. But as she looked up, she saw him standing near her desk.

"Mr. Nickel, I thought you were ghostbusting now. What happened to those big plans?"
"I was going to do that, but then the school said they wouldn't fire me if I stopped dancing. So I just stopped and I don't need to be a ghostbuster."
"How could you let me down like this? I was going to make t-shirts," Stella clipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment